As a rule, I don’t drink caffeine often but matcha is low in caffeine so is a much healthier alternative. With this easy recipe, you can have coffee shop matcha lattes at home.
It’s important to start with good quality matcha. Vegavero’s matcha is 100% vegan, organic and natural, with no added additives or flavourings. It is organically cultivated from the Kagoshima area in Japan.
I chose coconut milk as this is what a lot of coffee places use but I’ve seen people recommend cashew and rice milk as well for creaminess. Some people even use 2 different kinds of milk (half of each). For sweetener, I used with maple syrup as people recommend it in matcha lattes for the subtle sweetness.
You can also check out my other recipes here.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!Print
A creamy, antioxidant-rich pick me up
- 1 & 1/4 tsp of Vegavero Japanese matcha powder
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup or preferred sweetener
- 1 tbsp of hot water
- 360ml of coconut milk or plant milk of your choosing
- Add matcha powder, sweetener and hot water to your mug and whisk with a bamboo whisk or a blender.
- Once the matcha is dissolved, heat your dairy-free milk. I steamed mine with a coffee machine, but you could also heat in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- Pour dairy-free milk into your mug and feel free to do some latte art. *I have not mastered this art yet and need way more practice so I just drink as is. Taste and add more sweetener if you wish. Enjoy!
Keywords: matcha, japanese, green tea, hot drinks, dairy free