With Veganuary well underway and the new year being about a “new you” I thought I would put this guide together to help new vegans or those looking to transition to veganism. Even existing vegans could find this helpful too. 🙂
All of these have helped me so much on my vegan journey and I want to pass all the knowledge I’ve gained on to you.
For part one I’m gonna share a lot of helpful online resources and books etc and part 2 will move on to ingredients and brands – food specific stuff.
- The Vegan Society Great member benefits like a discount at H&B. Join from £2 pm.
- Mercy For Animals
- Vegan Food & Living
- Vegan Life
50% off subscriptions this month and a free gift!
- Veganuary’s: How To Go Vegan Firm fav of mine
- Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
- Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck
- The Happy Herbivore Cookbook
- Forks Over Knives
- The Oh She Glows Cookbook
- Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week
- Vegan in 7 by Rita Serano
- Plantlab: Crafting the Future of Food by Matthew Kenney
- Vegan: The Cookbook by Jean-Christian Jur
- Wholefood Heaven in a Bowl by David and Charlotte Bailey
- Power Vegan Meals by Maya Sozer
- The Vegan Cookbook: 100 Plant-Based Recipes by Adele McConnell
- This Cheese is Nuts! by Julie Piatt
- Alternative Vegan by Marie Reginato
- 15 Minute Vegan: Katy Beskow Firm fav of mine
- Feed Me Vegan: Lucy Watson Firm fav of mine
- Vegan Richa’s Indian Kitchen: Traditional and Creative Recipes for the Home Cook
- Vegan Street Food: Foodie travels from India to Indonesia
- Ms Cupcake: The Naughtiest Vegan Cakes in Town
- The How Not To Die Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes to Help Prevent and Reverse Disease
- Aine Carlins books Firm fav of mine
Here are my top vegan-friendly apps on my iPhone that you need to download now:
- Bunny Free – lets you search for companies and tells you whether they test on animals.
- Gonutss – allows you to translate your favourite foods to vegan!
- Safe for vegans – if you aren’t sure about a product being vegan this really helps.
- is it vegan? – like safe for vegans
- cowculator – shows how many animals are being killed/how many you save etc.
- Peta – Stay up to date on all of PETA’s urgent alerts and take action to help animals.
- Vanilla Bean – finding a nearby vegan restaurant just got easier.
- vegEMOJI – Created by Follow Your Heart, these adorable emojis reflect the vegan lifestyle.
- Happy Cow – shows you vegan-friendly places when you travel. VERY useful app
- Air Vegan – AirVegan tells you which airport terminals have plant-based options.
- Veganagogo – The app assists with locating a restaurant to selecting menu items—and even thanking the chef or server in the local language.
- The Vegan Kind My fav! They do sub boxes/online shop. £5 off new subs & doughnuts x2 a wk!
- Vegan Store
- The Vegan Crowd
- Holland & Barrett
- The Coop – My local and most visited supermarket. They have a great range of clearly marked ready meals and lunch items. Lots of other great name brand products including soups, coconut milk and water.
- Ocado – a vegan paradise in my opinion. They have a lot of stuff that’s exclusive to them, great vegan brands (well-known and small).
- Tesco – Rated #1 vegan supermarket last year. Have huge free from selection inc own brand cheese and meat subs
- Sainsbury’s – They’ve done pretty well with their vegan offerings and have a cheese line like Tesco. They’ve also just launched a new vegan range this month.
- Lidl – You can find some great vegan finds here, most accidental. Churros anyone?
- Aldi – New vegan range launching with cheese and meats. They already have some great accidental stuff in their arsenal.
- Little Blog Of Vegan
- Goth In The Raw The lovely Adaora. She’s speaking at Vegan Life Live in Feb!
- Vegan Blogger 78 My friend and fellow blogger Ben
- Vegan Olive fellow blogger I know from Twitter
- Post Punk Kitchen
- Manifest Vegan
- The Vegan Stoner
- Vegan Yack Attack
- What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway?
- The Little Foxes
- Oh She Glows
- Seitan is My Motor
- Bitter Sweet
- Vegie Head
- 100% Vegan Happy Healthy Life
- Urban Vegan
- Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
- The Vegan Woman
- Plant Powered Kitchen
- The Kind Life
- Vegan Housewives
- Vegan Consultant
- Your Daily Vegan
- One Arab Vegan
- Hell Yeah It’s Vegan
- Vegan Cuts
- From A to Vegan
- Fork and Beans
- The Vegan Chickpea
- Naturally Ella
- Naturally Sassy
- Guac and Roll
- Fat Gay Vegan
- Vegan In Brighton
- The Tofu Diaries
- Emily Cooks Vegan
- Little Miss Meat Free
- Minimalist Baker Followed her for a while and love her!
- LDN Vegans
- Aaron Calder Vegan He’s a fellow blogger in my city. See his recipes ft in Vegan Food & Living
- Happy Healthy Vegan
- Vegan Geezer
- James Aspey
- Serena Lee // vegansofLDN Followed her for a while and love her!
- Kirsty Isabella
- Julie Blueberry
- The Hectic Vegan
- Organic Burst
- Jerry Althea
- Its Mae Day
- Accidentally Vegan Uk Amazing account by TVK. Helps you find all the vegan food!
- Vegans Of Ldn Followed her for a while and love her!
- Deliciously Ella
- Fat Gay Vegan
I hope you’ve found these resources helpful and found some great new people to follow online.
Stay tuned for Part 2…
Let me know what you think in the comments or me @veganbabelife