With Veganuary well underway and the new year being about a “new you” I thought I would put this guide together to help new vegans or those looking to transition to veganism. Even existing vegans could find this helpful too. 🙂
All of these have helped me so much on my vegan journey and I want to pass all the knowledge I’ve gained on to you.
For part one I’m gonna share a lot of helpful online resources and books etc and part 2 will move on to ingredients and brands – food specific stuff.
- The Vegan Society? Great member benefits like a discount at H&B. Join from ?2 pm.
- Mercy For Animals
- Vegan Food & Living
- Vegan Life
50% off subscriptions this month and a free gift!
- Veganuary’s: How To Go Vegan??Firm fav of mine
- Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
- Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck
- The Happy Herbivore Cookbook
- Forks Over Knives
- The Oh She Glows Cookbook
- Isa Does It: Amazingly Easy, Wildly Delicious Vegan Recipes for Every Day of the Week
- Vegan in 7 by Rita Serano
- Plantlab: Crafting the Future of Food by Matthew Kenney
- Vegan: The Cookbook by Jean-Christian Jur
- Wholefood Heaven in a Bowl by David and Charlotte Bailey
- Power Vegan Meals by Maya Sozer
- The Vegan Cookbook: 100 Plant-Based Recipes by Adele McConnell
- This Cheese is Nuts! by Julie Piatt
- Alternative Vegan by Marie Reginato
- 15 Minute Vegan: Katy Beskow??Firm fav of mine
- Feed Me Vegan: Lucy Watson??Firm fav of mine
- Vegan Richa’s Indian Kitchen: Traditional and Creative Recipes for the Home Cook
- Vegan Street Food: Foodie travels from India to Indonesia
- Ms Cupcake: The Naughtiest Vegan Cakes in Town
- The How Not To Die Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes to Help Prevent and Reverse Disease
- Aine Carlins books??Firm fav of mine
Here are my top vegan-friendly apps on my iPhone that you need to download now:
- Bunny Free – lets you search for companies and tells you whether they test on animals.
- Gonutss?-?allows you to translate your favourite foods to vegan!
- Safe for vegans – if you aren’t sure about a product being vegan this really helps.
- is it vegan? – like safe for vegans
- cowculator – shows how many animals are being killed/how many you save etc.
- Peta -?Stay up to date on all of PETA?s urgent alerts and take action to help animals.
- Vanilla Bean -??finding a nearby vegan restaurant just got easier.
- vegEMOJI -?Created by Follow Your Heart, these adorable emojis reflect the vegan lifestyle.
- Happy Cow – shows you vegan-friendly places when you travel. VERY useful app
- Air Vegan -?AirVegan?tells you which airport terminals have plant-based options.
- Veganagogo -?The app assists with locating a restaurant to selecting menu items?and even thanking the chef or server in the local language.
- The Vegan Kind? My?fav! They do sub boxes/online shop. ?5 off new subs & doughnuts x2 a wk!
- Vegan Store
- The Vegan Crowd
- Holland & Barrett
- The Coop – My local and most visited supermarket. They have a great range of clearly marked ready meals and lunch items. Lots of other great name brand products including soups, coconut milk and water.
- Ocado – a vegan paradise in my opinion. They have a lot of stuff that’s exclusive to them, great vegan brands (well-known and small).
- Tesco – Rated #1 vegan supermarket last year. Have huge free from selection inc own brand cheese and meat subs
- Sainsbury’s – They’ve done pretty well with their vegan offerings and have a cheese line like Tesco. They’ve also just launched a new vegan range this month.
- Lidl – You can find some great vegan finds here, most accidental. Churros anyone?
- Aldi – New vegan range launching with cheese and meats. They already have some great accidental stuff in their arsenal.
- Little Blog Of Vegan
- Goth In The Raw??The lovely Adaora. She’s speaking at Vegan Life Live in Feb!
- Vegan Blogger 78??My friend and fellow blogger Ben
- Vegan Olive??fellow blogger I know from Twitter
- Post Punk Kitchen
- Manifest Vegan?
- The Vegan Stoner
- Vegan Yack Attack?
- What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway?
- The Little Foxes?
- Oh She Glows
- Seitan is My Motor
- Bitter Sweet?
- Vegie Head
- 100% Vegan Happy Healthy Life?
- Urban Vegan
- Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
- The Vegan Woman
- Plant Powered Kitchen
- The Kind Life?
- Vegan Housewives
- Vegan Consultant
- Your Daily Vegan
- One Arab Vegan?
- Hell Yeah It?s Vegan
- Vegan Cuts
- From A to Vegan
- Fork and Beans?
- The Vegan Chickpea
- Naturally Ella
- Naturally Sassy
- Guac and Roll
- Fat Gay Vegan
- Vegan In Brighton
- The Tofu Diaries
- Emily Cooks Vegan
- Little Miss Meat Free
- Minimalist Baker??Followed her for a while and love her!
- LDN Vegans
- Aaron Calder Vegan??He’s a fellow blogger in my city. See his recipes ft?in Vegan Food & Living
- Happy Healthy Vegan
- Vegan Geezer
- James Aspey
- Serena Lee // vegansofLDN??Followed her for a while and love her!
- Kirsty Isabella
- Julie Blueberry
- The Hectic Vegan
- Organic Burst
- Jerry Althea
- Its Mae Day
- Accidentally Vegan Uk??Amazing account by TVK. Helps you find all the vegan food!
- Vegans Of Ldn??Followed her for a while and love her!
- Deliciously Ella
- Fat Gay Vegan
I hope you’ve found these resources helpful and found some great new people to follow online.
Stay tuned for Part 2…
Let me know what you think in the comments or???me?@veganbabelife