Whether you’re concerned about yourself or a loved one, these helplines and organisations can offer advice, help & support.
Anxiety UK: Charity providing support if you have been diagnosed with an anxiety condition.
- Phone: 03444 775 774 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5.30pm)
- Website: www.anxietyuk.org.uk
Bipolar UK: A charity helping people living with manic depression or bipolar disorder.
- Website: www.bipolaruk.org.uk
CALM: CALM is the Campaign Against Living Miserably, for men aged 15 to 35.
- Phone: 0800 58 58 58 (daily, 5pm to midnight)
- Website: www.thecalmzone.net
Men’s Health Forum: 24/7 stress support for men by text, chat and email.
- Website: www.menshealthforum.org.uk
Mental Health Foundation: Provides information and support for anyone with mental health problems or learning disabilities.
- Website: www.mentalhealth.org.uk
Mind: Promotes the views and needs of people with mental health problems.
- Phone: 0300 123 3393 (Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm)
- Website: www.mind.org.uk
No Panic: Voluntary charity offering support for sufferers of panic attacks and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Offers a course to help overcome your phobia or OCD.
- Phone: 0844 967 4848 (daily, 10am to 10pm)
- Website: www.nopanic.org.uk
OCD Action: Support for people with OCD. Includes information on treatment and online resources.
- Phone: 0845 390 6232 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5pm)
- Website: www.ocdaction.org.uk
OCD UK: A charity run by people with OCD, for people with OCD. Includes facts, news and treatments.
- Phone: 0845 120 3778 (Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm)
- Website: www.ocduk.org
PAPYRUS: Young suicide prevention society.
- Phone: HOPElineUK 0800 068 4141 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 5pm and 7pm to 10pm, and 2pm to 5pm on weekends)
- Website: www.papyrus-uk.org
Rethink Mental Illness: Support and advice for people living with mental illness.
- Phone: 0300 5000 927 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm)
- Website: www.rethink.org
Samaritans: Confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair.
- Phone: 116 123 (free 24-hour helpline)
- Website: www.samaritans.org.uk
SANE: Emotional support, information and guidance for people affected by mental illness, their families and carers.
- SANEline: 0300 304 7000 (daily, 4.30pm to 10.30pm)
- Textcare: comfort and care via text message, sent when the person needs it most: www.sane.org.uk/textcare
- Peer support forum: www.sane.org.uk/supportforum
- Website: www.sane.org.uk/support
YoungMinds: Information on child and adolescent mental health. Services for parents and professionals.
- Phone: Parents’ helpline 0808 802 5544 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm)
- Website: www.youngminds.org.uk