Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post and I did receive payment. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Picking out a new pair of glasses can be difficult, especially if you’ve never worn them before. But if you have been to the opticians, you’ll know what I’m talking about. There are so many frames to choose from, and even when you look online there are hundreds of styles, so how can you narrow it down? I wear glasses myself so I know how hard it is to choose just one pair.
There are a few things you should consider when it comes to selecting a new pair of frames. I’m going to look at what they are and hopefully help you pick out some new glasses that you’ll feel confident wearing.
Your face shape
The first thing you should consider when looking for new glasses is the shape of your face. Not every pair of frames will suit you, this is just something you need to bear in mind. Depending on what your face shape is, there are some glasses that will compliment your face. There are different types of face shapes which are round, square, oval, heart-shaped, triangle, and oblong. Below are the types of frames you should look into.
- Round face – rounder frames with similar width and length
- Square face – narrow styles frames with more width than depth
- Oval face – wider frames that are not too deep or too narrow
- Heart face – frames that are wider than your forehead, like cat-eye or oval
- Triangle face – frames that are cat-eye or rimless
- Oblong face – square frames with top to bottom depth
Colour of frames
One of the great things about glasses is that they come in a variety of colours and patterns. If you only need glasses for reading, you can pick up a few pairs that are fairly cheap in a few different colours then you have more choice when it comes to styling your outfit.
However, if you need prescription glasses you’ll likely have to pay a bit more for frames as you’ll need them to last longer. A few things to consider when choosing the colour of your frames is your skin tone and hair colour.
Specific frame colours will suit different people depending on their skin tone and whether it’s warm, cool, or neutral.
- Cool skin tone – blue, silver, or green frames look best for cool skin tones
- Neutral skin tone – most colours suit neutral skin tones but black frames will stand out
- Warm Skin Tone – red, gold, or yellow frames are perfect for warm skin tones
Like skin tone and face shape, hair colour can play a big role when it comes to choosing glasses frames. See below for guidance on what colour frames will compliment your hair colour.
- Red hair – bold frames like green, gold, or copper
- Black hair – metallic frames in black or gunmetal, or a dark green
- Brown hair – frames in red, black, silver, and gold
- Blonde hair – grey, red, or blue frames
- Grey hair – red, navy, or purple coloured frames
These are just a few things to consider when picking out your new pair of glasses. You have to wear them, so as long as you’re happy with them, that’s the main thing.
Like this post? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Vegan Babe Life on social media to keep up to date with the latest news, recipes, guides and product launches.
I hope you enjoyed this post and that you find it useful.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!