I was gifted some sun lotion and aftersun lotion by Delph and was keen to try out this vegan suncream. It’s a very affordable brand that’s sold in most pharmacies and even provided to the NHS.
Most people have stopped protecting their skin now that summer is behind us and we are into the autumn months, a common mistake most people make.
Sunburn increases your risk of skin cancer. Sunburn doesn’t just happen on holiday. You can still burn in the UK, even when it’s cloudy.
When Buying Sunscreen, It Should Have:
- A sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 to protect against UVB
- At least 4-star UVA protection
UVA protection can also be indicated by the letters “UVA” in a circle, which indicates that it meets the EU standard. (Delph has this clearly on the back of the tube)
*Make sure your sunscreen is not past its expiry date. Most sunscreens have a shelf life of 2 to 3 years.
Delph is high on protection and low on cost, two things that aren’t usually mutually exclusive. Today is a cloudy day and it looks like rain is on the way but during the day we’re still seeing a lot of sun which means we should be protecting our skin.
I love the simple summery design of the products that make them visually appealing. I have very pale skin so spf always has to be high, I would never pick something under 30. I usually choose an spf 50 if I’m honest as I like to protect my skin as much as possible.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Nano), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Benzophenone-3, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Myristate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Alumina, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Carbomer, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Metaphosphate, Methylparaben, Limonene, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Linalool, Sodium Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citral, Lillal, Elaeis Guineenis Oil, Methyl Ionones, Xanthan Gum, Polycrylamid, Potassium Sorbate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sorbic Acid, Laureth-7.
- 4 Star UVA Protection
- Inexpensive, superior UVA protection
- Contains vitamin E and aloe-vera to prolong tan
- UVA/UVB filters and moisturisers
- Non-greasy, easily absorbed and water resistant
- Fully dermatologically tested
You should be wearing some kind of spf every day and these products make it easier to protect yourself. The formula comes out of the tubes easily and makes easy work of the application. The cream is absorbed into the skin easily, isn’t sticky and doesn’t leave a white residue. It also has a really nice smell that’s not too overpowering.
While sunscreen is important, aftersun is as well. We don’t really need aftersun this time of year in the UK but if you’re going on holiday it’s a great way to soothe skin after a long day in the sun. The aftersun lasts for 2 years so it will be perfect for next summer.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Carbomer, Methylparaben, Limonene, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Linalool, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Aceatate, Citral, Lilial, Methyl Ionones.
- Delph After Sun Lotion moisturises and soothes the skin after exposure to the sun.
- The gentle rehydrating formula with added moisturisers and vitamin E helps prevent peeling and prolongs the life of your tan, reducing the ageing effects of the sun.
- The easily absorbed light formula also contains Aloe Vera, renowned for its soothing properties it will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Suitable for all skin types.
How To Deal With Sunburn
- Sponge sore skin with cool water, then apply an aftersun gel or cream like this one by Delph which contains soothing aloe vera.
- Painkillers, like paracetamol or ibuprofen, will ease the pain by helping to reduce inflammation caused by sunburn.
- Stay out of the sun until all signs of redness have gone.
*Seek medical help if you feel unwell or the skin swells badly or blisters. Stay out of the sun until all signs of redness have gone.
Spend time in the shade when the sun is strongest. In the UK, this is between 11am and 3pm from March to October.
- Spend time in the shade between 11am and 3pm
- Make sure you never burn
- Cover up with suitable clothing and sunglasses
- Take extra care with children
- Use at least factor 30 sunscreen
I’ll definitely be using the sun lotion all year round and it’s nice to find a product that works, sinks into the skin flawlessly and is such a good price.
Both these products are great and I will definitely buy them again. They’re 100% cruelty-free and vegan – I highly recommend them.
*Delph is available from most pharmacies and Weldricks online.
I believe in full transparency so wanted to let you guys know that I did receive free product, but this in no way biases my opinion of the brand. I would NEVER recommend something I didn’t love and use myself. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow Vegan Babe Life on social media to keep up to date with the latest news, recipes and product launches from the vegan community.
I hope you enjoyed this post.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!