Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post and I did receive payment & pr samples but this in no way biases my opinion of the brand. I would NEVER recommend something I didn’t love and use myself. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Delicious, fluffy Strawberry waffles made with real freeze dried strawberries. Top with fresh strawberries, powdered sugar, yoghurt or whipped cream, and maple syrup. They are the perfect treat for Sunday brunch.
Sometimes it’s hard to think of ways to make breakfast more interesting or to fit in that protein shake when you don’t like shakes, find them hard to drink or you’re getting bored of the same old thing.
Well, I’m here with a recipe that gives you your protein shake but in delicious fluffy waffle form. Makes enough to feed 2 or you can freeze or refrigerate the extras.
Plant Based Protein
I’ve been using this new protein powder by Body Ethos and I am obsessed! Unlike other powders, it tastes great, it’s not powdery and you can tailor its flavour to your own taste.
- A high source of plant-based protein coming from Pea, Rice and Hemp
- Providing you with a complete Essential Amino Acid profile and 19.2g of plant-based protein per serving.
- High in dietary fibre, with 3.4g per serving from added Inulin and Psyllium Husk
- Gluten Free – Dairy Free – Grain Free
- No artificial flavours, colourings, thickeners, stabilisers or bulking agents
Good For the Planet
- All packaging can be recycled in your home recycling bins
- 100% plastic free packaging
Make delicious, waffles from scratch instead of buying shop bought ones. They’re easy to make and taste much better than ones from the supermarket. Follow this super simple recipe to make the perfect sweet and tasty breakfast or brunch for you & your family.
They are easy to make with simple ingredients that you may have all or most of in your pantry already.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Freeze: Place waffles on a baking sheet and freeze until hard (about 2 hours). Then place in a Ziploc bag, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Reheating: You can reheat from chilled or frozen in the microwave or toaster. The toaster is my favourite way as it’s so convenient and they crisp up nicely.
You can check out my other recipes here.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!Print
Delicious protein waffles that are naturally flavoured with freeze-dried strawberries.
- Turn on your waffle machine so it’s hot by the time you’ve finished making the batter. *Usually takes around 5 minutes but models differ
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl then add the wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- When the waffle maker is heated up pour about 1/2 cup to each waffle and close the lid.
- Allow the waffles to cook for about 5-7 minutes. *Models vary slightly so check after 5 minutes.
- When ready plate up your waffles ready for topping.
You can sub with 2 scoops of your chosen protein powder.
Keywords: waffles, protein, strawberry