It’s day 2 of my time of the month and I woke up craving something special, something sweet. I received some post including biscuits, marshmallows and chocolate to make smores. Perfect!
I had been away from for a week and also missed my beloved waffle maker which I use often. I considered taking it with me for half a second, not gonna lie.
So my brunch for today seemed clear, smores waffles with all the chocolate to satisfy my sugary sweet cravings. So this fabulous stack was created.
What is a Smore?
noun: North American
A sweet snack consisting of a chocolate bar and toasted marshmallows sandwiched between graham crackers.
This recipe is my take on an American fireside classic. You could toast the mallows to make it a bit more authentic but it’s not a necessity.
It’s really quick, easy and fun to make. This is a great recipe to get the kids involved in too for that reason. They can help you make the batter, decorate and the best part of course… eating it.
*I went to town on the biscuits and chocolate sauce after these photos were taken and ate the entire bag of mallows. Yolo.
You can play about with the toppings but as long you keep the fundamental 3 smore topping ingredients: chocolate, marshmallows & biscuit it’ll be a classic American treat.
You can also check out my other recipes here.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!Print
Indulgent waffles with your favourite fireside treat all rolled into one.
- Turn on your waffle machine so it is hot by the time you’ve finished making the batter. *Usually takes around 5 minutes but models differ
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl then add the wet ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Try to remove most lumps but don’t worry if some remain. You shouldn’t overmix the batter so it keeps the waffles fluffy and light.
- When the waffle maker is heated up pour about 1/2 cup to each waffle and close the lid. *Different models will vary.
- Allow the waffles to cook for about 5-7 minutes. *Different models vary slightly so check after 5 minutes.
- When ready plate up your waffles ready for topping.
- Sprinkle half the choc drops on top of your waffle.
- Crush half the biscuits into crumbs and sprinkle on top of the choc drops.
- Break the remaining biscuits into chunks and add those on top too.
- Then cut the mallows in half and sprinkle those on top as well.
- Lastly, sprinkle on the remaining choc drops and drizzle with the chocolate sauce.
Keywords: Waffles, Breakfast, Brunch, Sweet, USA, Dairy Free, Egg Free