Shona at Skin Elixir kindly sent me some of their 15ml Organic Frankincense & May Chang Moisturiser to try and review. “This moisturiser is super hydrating and ideal as a lip balm, after sun for dry skin patches.”
I needed a new moisturiser and the cold weather had given my poor dry skin a beating so was excited to try it out. I had no idea I would fall head over heels in love with it from the first use.
The jar is made of glass, no plastic rubbish (hooray!) and has a beautiful gold exterior. It looks natural and high-end, everything you’d want in a product.
The precious, organic essential oils of Frankincense and May Chang are gently balanced in a base of certified organic Shea butter, organic sweet almond oil and unrefined virgin Black Seed Oil. This creates a unique, rich, divinely-fragranced and creamy balm, that is packed full of nutrients and naturally occurring vitamin E.
The formula inside looks solid and has an inviting citrus smell. When your skin makes contact with the moisturiser it melts because of the natural heat and you can feel the luxurious oils start to work. It’s a very rich and indulgent moisturiser perfect for this time of year. You only need a small amount as a little really does go a long way. Another plus as this baby will last, making it kinder not only on your skin but your purse as well.
It creates a flawless canvas for makeup without dry patches that I’m usually prone to after applying foundation/powder. Like a facial at home when you apply this nourishing cream at the end of a long day. Perfect after a face mask for a pull pamper sesh!
100% natural, organic, plant-based and vegan with no added water so no emulsifiers or potentially hormone damaging preservatives.
Boswellia carteri (Frankincense) oil
- Known as the ‘king’ of oils
- It’s recognized to increase circulation
- Effective in the promotion of healthy, dewy, glowing skin and complexion
- Frankincense can also help with the appearance of scars, spots, acne, eczema, psoriasis and with the overall balancing of skin tone.
- It can help restore elasticity to the skin whilst minimising wrinkles.
Litsea Cubeba (May Chang)
- Has a citrusy scent, known to possess anti-fungal, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Has a natural uplifting effect on the mind.
- Increases blood-circulation which in turn enhances skin-tone.
- Excellent for skin that flares-up or that has an over-production of oil.
We never add water to our formulas so as an undiluted elixir you need only use this cream sparingly.
With continued use, it has helped my dry skin which now feels super smooth and hydrated. The redness I suffer is much less than before and the general appearance of my skin is so much clearer. I highly recommend this luxurious moisturiser!
Follow Skin Elixir
*This is a sponsored post and I received free products to review but this in no way biases my opinion of the brand. This is an honest review, all opinions are my own.
Hope you enjoyed this review.
Let me know what you think in the comments or me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!