I’ve been making pizza quite a bit recently and I always forget to pick up yeast when I run out. I love making breads etc so I use it often, which also means running out and forgetting to buy it often too. If you’re this mentally challenged too then I’m here to help! Easy pizza in 20 minutes, NO yeast necessary.
Mine doesn’t look that pretty hand stretched so you could roll it out a bit if you wanted to make it a better round or square shape (if that floats your boat) no judgements here. I add chilli oil to mine sometimes which also makes it pretty tasty. Some fresh basil also wouldn’t have gone amiss here but I worked with the bare minimum. This is perfect if you desperately need to eat but also need to shop and will give you the energy to fill your fridge with food again.
I wanted to make a nice dough without the yeast that you could make with things you already have at home. This makes one pizza as was just made for me but you can double it up or make as many as you like. I would say it makes a medium-ish sized pizza (4 generous slices) or roll into a purrito for instant gratification. Yum!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did making it (and eating it). You can also check out my other recipes here.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me@veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!Print
Delicious, quick and light dough recipe – no need for yeast and resting.
- 85ml of water
- 1/2 a tsp of salt
- 175g of plain flour
- 1/2 a tbsp of olive oil
- 1 & 1/4tsp of baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180c (fan)/200c/gas mark 6.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl and mix with the dry ones.
- Mix until it forms it firm ball thats not sticky but still soft.
- Knead on a floured surface for a few minutes then flatten into your pizza shape. Place on a baking sheet/tray/stone ready for the oven.
- Add your toppings (I went with 3 cheese) and a drizzle of olive oil on top if you want, then bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until dough is browned and cheese melted. Enjoy!
Keywords: Pizza, dough, baking, dairy free, yeast free