I’ve been in a bit of a cookie mood for the past week and can’t seem to stop baking them. I wanted to make some easy and delicious cookies that you can’t mess up.
I also forgot how good oaty raisin cookies are as I always prefer chocolate, I think most people do. If you don’t like raisins they would be great just as oat cookies or with some chocolate chips instead.
I experimented with the shapes of the cookies and prefer how they came out the second time around. I rolled the dough into a ball then flattened it with my hand on the baking tray before putting them into the oven. But you can do whatever works for you to get nice round shapes.
Oh and you should allow them to cool before you eat them but I never could be that patient, they’re pretty great when warm and with a glass of plant milk. Yum!
You can also check out my other recipes here.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!Print
Easy & Delicious Vegan Oat Raisin Cookies
- Preheat oven to 176c/350f.
- Melt the vegan margarine in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Add the melted margarine, sugar and brown sugar to a bowl. Mix for a few minutes to allow the sugar to dissolve a bit.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, chia mixture (1tbsp mixed with 3 tbsp of water) and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- Add the oats and raisins and mix to distribute them.
- Use an ice cream scoop, portion the cookie dough onto either parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Then flatten it onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes until golden at the edges. Allow to cool on the baking tray for a minute or 2 then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy with some plant-based milk and store leftovers in an airtight container.
Keywords: Cookies, sweet, baking, oatmeal raisin cookies