I’ve been managing my mental health (pretty successfully) for over 10 years. I take my pills every day and just do what I can to survive.
During this time I’ve picked up a lot of useful advice and tried a lot of products designed for mental health and self-care. Here I show you 10 that I think work and have really helped me.
1. Worry Not Spray by Higher Nature – 13.5ml/£4.99
When your nerves are on edge, reach for Worry Not. This handy spray works to reduce feelings of anxiousness and worry with a supportive blend of amino acids, B vitamins and herbs. It features key ingredients known for their relaxing properties, such as lemon balm, lavender, magnolia bark and passionflower, and comes in a tasty strawberry and vanilla flavour. With no side-effects, it’s ideal for use before interviews, meetings or during stressful situations to aid a relaxed disposition.
- Helps restore calm in overwhelming situations
- Contributes to the normal function of the nervous system
- Contains naturally relaxing ingredients
- Non-addictive, with no side effects
- Natural strawberry and vanilla flavour
2. Rainbow Weekly Pill Organiser by Anabox – £15.25
The Anabox weekly pillbox is suitable for users of all ages. It is designed for easy handling and can hold a full week’s supply of medication. The pills are divided into days of the week and times of the day for easy identification.
Each dispenser holds a day’s medication and can be detached to carry with you while you’re out and about.
If you also have to take medication every day it helps to have it all organised. I can be pretty rubbish and forgetful when it comes to taking pills so this is a pretty and colourful reminder. Keep it next to your bed so its a reminder every day when you get up/go to bed.
3. Glass Water Bottle with a Chamber of Amethyst by Bewater – £28.95
Amethyst: This purple stone is said to be incredibly protective, healing, and purifying. It’s claimed it can help rid the mind of negative thoughts and bring forth humility, sincerity, and spiritual wisdom. It’s also said to help promote sobriety. Sleep is another claimed benefit of this stone, from supposedly aiding in insomnia relief to understanding dreams. Physically, it’s said to boost hormone production, cleanse blood, and relieve pain and stress. Source: Healthline.
Not only is keeping hydrated important for your health but this bottle can help heal your mind too. You need some water to take those pills right so you may as well do it from a beautiful bottle that may help rid you of some negativity too. I chose Amethyst because for me negative thoughts, sobriety, pain relief and stress are all things I could use help with but you can pick whatever stone is beneficial for you.
4. All Day Calm Wellbeing Pod Collection by Neom – £130
This collection contains our four iconic, 100% natural wellbeing blends. All expertly blended with the purest possible essential oils, to help you feel calm & relaxed at every time in the day.
- 1x Wellbeing Pod Essential Oil Diffuser
- Scent to De-Stress Essential Oil 10ml
- Scent To Sleep Essential Oil 10ml
- Complete Bliss Essential Oil 10ml
- Sensuous Essential Oil 10ml
The Scent To Sleep Blend contains 19 pure essential oils including English lavender, sweet basil & jasmine to help you relax and prepare for sleep.
The Scent To De-Stress Blend contains 24 pure essential oils including lavender, jasmine & Brazilian rosewood, to help you feel calm and banish stress.
Complete Bliss is a modern floral blend of Moroccan blush rose sharpened up with a dash of fresh lime and punchy black pepper, plus 14 other precious oils to help ease tension.
Sensuous is a deep spicy and floral blend of ylang-ylang, rich frankincense and woody and soothing patchouli, plus another 13 essential oils to help you relax and unwind.
5. Daily Goal Setter Planner by Mal Paper – £20.95
A gratitude journal and productivity planner in one. The Daily Goal Setter is the perfect planner to make your goals clearer and help you to become more productive. The Daily Goal Setter has been designed to help identify your goals and structure your days, weeks and months.
The simplest thing you can do to start your day happier. Helps you focus on the positive and become more mindful.
6. Plattan 2 Wireless Headphones by Urbanears – £60
Enjoy your music free from cords as Bluetooth technology lets you easily connect with your sound source for hours of wireless listening, with up to 10 meters of listening range. With 30+ hours of battery life, you can listen cord-free for days on a single charge.
Navigate your music with ease using a single, intuitive control knob. Skip tracks, adjust volume, and pick up calls on the go. The built-in mic makes hands-free talking clear and easy – pick up calls and give commands to Siri* on the go.
I wear headphones constantly, especially when I’m out and on my own. They help as a distraction from anxiety and help with my panic attacks. I can’t work or travel without my headphones and love these ones from Urbanears.
7. Acupressure ring by SamGreatWorld – £2.95
An acupressure ring is a device that’s placed on a finger or toe and then rolled up or down to stimulate the acupressure points. It is known by many names, such as massage ring, finger massage ring, Chinese medicine ring and figit.
One of my favourite things is this ring. I can put it on throughout the day and it helps calm me down.
8. Mind & body bundle by Tea+ – £7.90
Combination of TEA+ Energy & TEA+ Cleanse
- Cleanse: Contributes to the maintenance of hair & nails and helps protect against free radicals.
- Energy: Helps reduce tiredness & fatigue, giving a gentle energy boost.
These yummy vitamin teas are so comforting while also giving your body and mind a much needed boost. I’ve been a fan of these teas for years, they’re so delicious and just lovely.
9. Palm Print Contoured 3D Blackout Sleep Mask by Smug – £12
The original SMUG blackout sleep mask has been specifically designed to block out any unwanted light, giving the best possible sleep time to invigorate, restore and repair. With a unique contoured dome design, the SMUG blackout mask leaves space around the eye area removing any disturbance or friction caused by the rapid eye movement sleep phase making it completely “Eyelash Friendly”.
The hours we spend sleeping are the biggest single influence on our mood, motivation and decision-making skills. A decent sleep pattern enhances everything we do through our everyday lives. In a world where stress and technology have taken a front seat, never has it been more important to get the right amount of sleep and rest.
Vital for those afternoon depression naps. I like to have as little light as possible when I sleep so these masks are so good for that. They’re super comfortable and I love this palm design that makes me think of summer.
10. 54 kind cards for unkind days by The Blurt Foundation – £8.95
Some days just feel unkind, they knock us to our knees and when they do, getting back up again isn’t always easy.
Within this pack are 54 cards of kindness for these exact times. When you’re feeling kerplunked, shuffle the cards and pick one at random to read. If that card doesn’t quite resonate with you, then pick another until you find one that does.
- To talk about anything that is upsetting you, you can contact Samaritans 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can call 116 123 (free from any phone), email [email protected] or visit some branches in person. You can also call the Welsh Language Line on 0300 123 3011 (7pm–11pm every day).
- If you’re experiencing a mental health problem or supporting someone else, you can call SANEline on 0300 304 7000 (4.30pm–10.30pm every day).
- You’re under 25, you can call The Mix on 0808 808 4994 (Sunday-Friday 2pm–11pm), request support by email using this form on The Mix website or use their crisis text messenger service.
- Under 35 and struggling with suicidal feelings, or concerned about a young person who might be struggling, you can call Papyrus HOPELINEUK on 0800 068 4141 (weekdays 10am-10pm, weekends 2pm-10pm and bank holidays 2pm–10pm), email [email protected] or text 07786 209 697.
- If you identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender, you can call Switchboard on 0300 330 0630 (10am–10pm every day), email [email protected] or use their webchat service. Phone operators all identify as LGBT+.
- If you live in Wales, you can call the Community Advice and Listening Line (C.A.L.L). on 0800 123 737 (open 24/7) or you can text ‘help’ followed by a question to 81066.
- For more options, visit the Helplines Partnership website for a directory of UK helplines. Mind’s Infoline can also help you find services that can support you. If you’re outside the UK, befrienders.org lists emotional support helplines around the world.
*This post does contain some Amazon affiliate links which you can use (or not) it’s totally up to you. These help me by giving me a little bit of commission from purchases and help me keep running my website. This in no way biases my opinion of these products. This is an honest article with recommendations of products I like and use for my mental health.
I hope you enjoyed this post and that you check them out.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!