Tasty Italian style salad, perfect for a picnic.
- Cook the pasta as per pack instructions (about 8 mins) until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Chopped the mushrooms into slice and tomatoes into halves.
- Add the butter to the pan you cooked the pasta in and add the chopped mushrooms and tomatoes. Stir and put the lid on then leave to cook for a few minutes.
- Once the tomatoes and mushrooms have cooked add to a big bowl with the pasta, pesto and salad leave mixture.
- Stir to combine the pesto evenly with all the ingredients.
- You can eat it then topped a drizzle of with the balsamic glaze/seeds or pop it in an airtight container for later. Should keep in the fridge for a few days (great for meal prep!)
*I topped this salad with Whitworth’s ‘Four Seed Mix’ (Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Brown Linseed, Golden Linseed) which were kindly gifted to me.
Keywords: Lunch, Picnic, meal prep, pasta salad, dairy free, vegan