As the weather is getting warmer I’m really for smoothie bowls and salads more. I’m also pretty terrible at eating breakfast and lunch so created this easy quick recipe when I was doing some meal prep recently.
I had intended to eat this for lunch then keep the rest in the fridge for some more days in the week. Because it was so good I ended up not only having it for lunch but pretty much snacked on it for the rest of the day then had it for lunch the next day as well. So much for the meal prep.
*I topped this salad with Whitworth’s Four Seed Mix (Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Brown Linseed & Golden Linseed) which were kindly gifted to me.
- Seeds are a great source of protein and fibre
- They add some crunch to your dishes
- They’re a really tasty and interesting salad topping
I had this with some green beans on the side but this would be good alone or with some other protein source to balance it out a bit. Would be great served at a bbq as a side with vegan mheats, potato salad etc.
You can add in whatever veggies you want really, it’s fully customizable. I think ill add aubergine when I make it again because I’m a bit aub obsessed and think it’ll work really well.
You can also check out my other recipes here.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!Print
Tasty Italian style salad, perfect for a picnic.
- Cook the pasta as per pack instructions (about 8 mins) until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Chopped the mushrooms into slice and tomatoes into halves.
- Add the butter to the pan you cooked the pasta in and add the chopped mushrooms and tomatoes. Stir and put the lid on then leave to cook for a few minutes.
- Once the tomatoes and mushrooms have cooked add to a big bowl with the pasta, pesto and salad leave mixture.
- Stir to combine the pesto evenly with all the ingredients.
- You can eat it then topped a drizzle of with the balsamic glaze/seeds or pop it in an airtight container for later. Should keep in the fridge for a few days (great for meal prep!)
*I topped this salad with Whitworth’s ‘Four Seed Mix’ (Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Brown Linseed, Golden Linseed) which were kindly gifted to me.
Keywords: Lunch, Picnic, meal prep, pasta salad, dairy free, vegan