Since it’s the weekend and St. Patrick’s Day I felt like making something yummy for brunch. I’ve meant to make Matcha pancakes for a while so this gave me the perfect reason to cook some. This was the first time I had made them and was surprised how smooth the Matcha went into the batter as it can be lumpy if you don’t whisk it properly.
Not to toot my own horn but these pancakes taste sooo good and gave me the perfect excuse to use a few baking things I’ve been dying to try.
They’re so easy to make and remind me of birthdays and celebrations with the sprinkles that are like confetti. These are so fun and quick to make. A really kid friendly recipe as they can measure things out easily and help you decorate them.
The coconut nectar & cream compliment the slightly bitter matcha perfectly. The pancakes would be nice alone but the toppings really were the piece de resistance.
You can also check out my other recipes here.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!Print
Fluffy green pancakes, perfect for Paddy’s day
- 16 tbsp of plain flour
- 2 tbsp of stevia
- 1 tbsp of matcha
- 1/2 a tsp of Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 20 tbsp of cold water
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, matcha, salt and baking powder).
- Make a well in the middle then add the wet ingredients slowly. First adding the oil, then the water. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Using a ladle, pour a scoop of pancake mix into the pan.
- When air bubbles appear, flip over and cook for another minute. Repeat until the mixture is gone.
- Make a pancake stack and generously drizzle over coconut cream. coconut nectar and top with sprinkles.
- You can use normal sweetener or whatever sugar you like but I love the taste of Natvia. It’s from the natural stevia plant, vegan and perfect for baking.
- Chocolate & fruit go great with matcha too.
- You can use whatever toppings you like but I seriously recommend these delicious toppings. The sprinkles are so pretty and the coconut nectar looks sparkly like gold.
- Ingredients: Vegavero Matcha powder, Natvia Stevia, Isabel’s Baking Powder, Coconut Merchant Coconut Nectar & Cream & Baking Time Club Sprinkles.
Keywords: pancakes, St Patrick’s day, matcha, Easy