A healthier & comforting alternative to tuna sandwiches.
- Weigh out the amount of jackfruit needed then leave to thaw. This shouldn’t take too long. (Try 30 minutes and see if it needs more time after that)
- When the jackfruit is thawed add to food processor or blended to shred more. It took seconds in my Vitamix on a low setting. You dont want it to turn into a paste, it only need a quick pulse.
- If using a panini press/sandwich toaster like I did turn it on so it can heat up.
- Add the jackfruit, mayo, pepper and nori spinkle to a bowl and combine to make your tuna mix.
- When the toaster is heated slice your panini rolls and begin assembling with jackfruit tuna and cheese on top.
- Put rolls in toaster (I had to do mine one at a time but depends on your model and size of rolls.)
- Leave to toast until golden brown and the cheese is melted. 4-5 minutes should be plenty.
- Don’t eat immediately as the cheese will be very hot and could burn your mouth. Cut each panini in half or enjoy as is.
Keywords: Jackfruit, Tuna melt, easy, meat free