A simple pasta dish with jackfruit crab that’s fresh and full of flavour. Make for a delicious midweek meal or dinner party.
- 200g of Linguine
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 a fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 100g Jack & Chill frozen jackfruit
- 1 tsp of Nori sprinkle
- 2 tbsp pasta water
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 12g (1/2 a pack) of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Weigh out the ammount of jackfruit needed then leave to thaw. This shouldn’t take too long. (Try 30 minutes and see if it needs more time after that)
- When the jackfruit is thawed add to food processor or blended to shred more. It took seconds in my viatmix on a low setting. You dont want it to turn into a paste, it only need a quick pulse.
- Add the jackfruit to a bowl with the nori to make your ‘crab’ and set aside.
- Cook the linguine according to the pack instructions, then drain and cover, reserving a little of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, followed by the garlic and chilli, and fry gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the Jackfruit ‘crab meat’, stir well to combine and heat through. Once heated, fold through the lemon juice.
- Add the cooked linguine to the ‘crab’ with 2 tbsp of the reserved pasta water Add the parsley and toss through until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Divide between bowls and serve.
Keywords: Jackfruit, Pasta