A tasty filling sandwich that is anything but boring.
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- Slice your courgette & aubergine into thin slices. (If you have a mandolin or slicer to do this it will make quick work of this task but a knife works just as well).
- Place your sliced veggies and pine nuts onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper. Cook for about 20 mins until tender.
- Toast your bread then spread with the hummus. 1 tbsp per slice.
- Add the rocket to the toast then top with the roasted veggies and pine nuts. Add some more black pepper if you like then top with another slice of toasted hummus bread.
- Slice each sandwich in half and enjoy straight away or put them in a container in the fridge for later. I love the warm veggies in this personally but they’re good eaten later when cold too.
I used Warburtons Multigrain & Seeds Medium Sliced Wholemeal Bread, my fav bread at the moment.
Keywords: Sandwich, lunch, picnic