This is a super easy and quick recipe, great for Veganuary. These are all ingredients that non-vegans would eat normally and not even think about it.
I love making this when I want something healthy and really good for lunch. I do love a good salad but sandwiches fill me up that bit more, this is like the best of both worlds.
You can use whatever fillings you want really but I think this combination is really tasty. I love that you can throw this together the night before if you like, then pop then in a container and have them for lunch the next day.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did making it (and eating it). You can also check out my other delicious, cruelty-free recipes here.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!Print
A tasty filling sandwich that is anything but boring.
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- Slice your courgette & aubergine into thin slices. (If you have a mandolin or slicer to do this it will make quick work of this task but a knife works just as well).
- Place your sliced veggies and pine nuts onto a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper. Cook for about 20 mins until tender.
- Toast your bread then spread with the hummus. 1 tbsp per slice.
- Add the rocket to the toast then top with the roasted veggies and pine nuts. Add some more black pepper if you like then top with another slice of toasted hummus bread.
- Slice each sandwich in half and enjoy straight away or put them in a container in the fridge for later. I love the warm veggies in this personally but they’re good eaten later when cold too.
I used Warburtons Multigrain & Seeds Medium Sliced Wholemeal Bread, my fav bread at the moment.
Keywords: Sandwich, lunch, picnic