With the weather being much warmer I find my appetite changed dramatically as well as the foods I crave. I long for fresh salads and smoothie bowls, I can’t get enough of them!
I love the Mediterranean style of food that’s simple, great for warmer climates and with all the olive oil.
With just a few simple ingredients that you probably have in the fridge and your cupboards anyway you can make this delicious salad which is perfect for picnics and BBQs.
Tomatoes this time of year are amazing and if you can get some nice ones from a grocer or from a veg box rather than the watery pathetic things sold in supermarkets.
Some good olive oil and Kalamata olives also really make the difference here. I try to get olives that aren’t in a briny jar as this recipe has enough acidity with the red wine vinegar already and they just taste better let’s be honest.
I’m having some homemade koftas with this salad for dinner as I wanted something delicious and light. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
You can check out my other recipes here.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!Print
A traditional style Greek Salad topped with creamy vegan feta
- 325g of baby plum tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- kalamata olives (pitted)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 block of vegan feta (I used violife greek block).
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- Cut the tomatoes in half
- Cut the pepper into chunks
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise then slice into half moons
- Thinly slice the red onion
- Put everything into a large salad bowl and add a good handful of the olives (pitted).
- Season with salt and add the olive oil and vinegar.
- Gently toss the salad to mix the dressing through (but not too much).
- Cut your feta into large cubes and place on top, sprinkle with oregano.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can put leftovers in the fridge for a couple of days. *Best eaten fresh or on the same day imo.