Disclaimer: This post features some gifted items I received in partnership with my work with Rare Beauty but this in no way biases my opinion of the brand. I would NEVER recommend something I didn’t love and use myself. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I tried these stunning products by Elan Skincare and expected them to be amazing before I had even tried them. The packaging is beautiful and unique which I feel fits the products and brand really well.
A little bit about Elan…
“Joanna Silva, the founder of Elan Skincare, lives in Greenwich, London with her young family. She embarked on the Elan Skincare journey in 2017 with a clear vision of creating an honest and transparent skincare brand, with strong foundations in science, nature and art.
She focused on the art of beauty, aiming to show how her skincare can make us feel, from their beautiful scents, fine quality and the transforming effects they have on our skin.”
This beauty innovation features three types of hyaluronic compounds. It penetrated deep into skin’s layers, boosting moisture level and hydrating your skin from within.
Dedicated to repairing dehydrated, lacklustre and tired looking skin.
This clear, lightweight and silky textured gel is fragrance-free and naturally preserved. They recommend you use it together with a serum – Wonder, Whisper or Dream.
- Sodium Hyaluronate is the salt form of hyaluronic acid. It has a smaller molecular weight than hyaluronic acid, can, therefore, penetrate the skin more easily, preventing trans-epidermal water loss and increasing its hydration.
- Benzyl Alcohol & Dehydroacetic Acid is a broad spectrum organic preservative system, conforming to the requirements of COSMOS and ECOCERT.
About Hyaluronic Acid
Our body naturally produces Hyaluronic Acid. This key molecule is most abundant in our skin and has a unique capacity to bind and retain water molecules involved in skin moisture. As we age, we produce less of it.
Scientific studies have demonstrated that Hyaluronic Acid helps improve skin hydration, retain skin elasticity and aids the production of collagen. It is also a powerful anti-oxidant, protecting skin from damage by free radicals. Its anti-inflammatory properties help with wound healing.
Check out the product here!
Having beautiful skin makes us confident. When we are confident, we go for our dreams.Joanna, Founder of Elan
An exquisite blend of nourishing oils, rich in vitamins E and F, with chamomile and calendula flower extracts, offers anti-inflammatory, moisture retention and skin barrier repair properties.
Formulated for all skin types, this night serum aims to balance the skin’s natural barrier function, soothe and soften the skin.
This serum is fragrance-free, formulated for sensitive skin. It does, however, have a delicate chamomile scent.
- Organic Jojoba Oil* It helps skin retain moisture without clogging the pores; it calms and balances the skin.
- Organic Borage Oil* It helps with skin barrier repair, by regenerating the damaged lipid barrier, prevents water loss, increases skin hydration and boosts the elasticity of the skin.
- Organic Safflower Oil* In dry skin, it strengthens the lipid barrier and normalises skin metabolism.
- Organic Camellia Oil is exceptionally high in oleic, omega-9 fatty acid, making it an excellent emollient. It locks in moisture, helps smooth out skin and minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Olive squalane has both emollient and occlusive properties that soften and soothe the skin, improving its tone and texture and helping to prevent transepidermal water loss.
- Organic Calendula Extract* is renowned for its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and regenerating properties. It can significantly boost skin appearance, soothe irritated skin and repair skin tissue.
- Organic Chamomile Extract* is mildly astringent and antibacterial. It both soothes and tones the skin.
- Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant, which nourishes, rejuvenates and restores skin. It helps to protect skin from environmental aggression, like air pollution and premature ageing.
*Certified Soil Association Organic
Check out the product here!
Elan Skincare is a truly feminine brand, made by women for women. At the end of the day, we face the same challenges of balancing work, family, love and finding a little bit of space for our dreams and pursuits. I strongly believe that the future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.Joanna, Founder of Elan
My thoughts on Elan & the products…
I absolutely love this brand and the products. It’s great to see vegan versions of highly sought after ingredients like Squalane. I’ve really wanted to try Hyaluronic Acid for a while now as I’m quickly approaching 30 and my skin is certainly letting me know it.
The serum and acid work together harmoniously to create a natural hydrating elixir that works instantly. Some may be put off by the price tag but you only need a little of each product and they will last you for ages. Your skin will thank you for it.
You can use both products together morning and/or evening but I think they’re nice products to use before bed to give your skin a treat while you sleep.
I don’t think my skin has ever felt this much luxury and hydration so instantly. I always have to use a product for a long duration to see effects this dramatic. It’s amazing that with just one application your face feels so hydrated and wonderful.
My skin is more soft, supple & hydrated and I’m hoping it will continue to improve the tone and texture of my skin too. I’m sure with continual use my skin is going to look even more incredible thanks to all the super ingredients these products contain. They are well worth the investment.
Go check out Elan! https://www.elanskincare.co.uk
I hope you enjoyed this post and that you check them out.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!