I went to the Oumph! launch party recently to celebrate them coming to the UK and being stocked in Tesco. I love all the food that was served that night and wanted to share the recipe for my favourite hoisin tacos so you can create your own at home.
They’re so tasty and you could be forgiven for thinking they were real meat tacos. The texture and flavour of Oumph is nothing like I’ve ever tasted and is a huge step for the plant-based world.
From Oumph’s very own top chef Fredrik Kampenberg (who’s considered to be one of Sweden’s top chefs for plant-based foods). These amazing plummy tacos are like crispy duck pancakes but 100x better.
You can also check out my other recipes here.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!Print
Rich & saucy mock meat tacos
- 80g of Oumph! The Chunk
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1–2 tbsp of Hoisin sauce
- 1 squeeze of Lime juice
- 1 handful of mixed salad leaves
- 1 spring onion
- 2 handfuls of diced cucumber
- 4 mini tortilla wraps
- Defrost The Chunk at room temperature for about 30 mins.
- Using your hands or a fork, tear The Chunk into long, thin pieces.
- Fry Oumph! in vegetable oil, (med/Gas mark 4), until crispy.
- Place The Chunk pieces in a bowl, add Hoisin sauce and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Dice the spring onion and add, along with salad leaves and diced cucumber to the bowl then mix.
- Heat the tortilla wraps for 20 seconds in the microwave.
- Serve the mixture on the warm tortillas and enjoy!
Oumph! Available in the UK at Tesco, Asda, independant health food shops & Wholefoods.
Keywords: Easy, quick, asian, street food, tacos, meat free, oumph