I made this quite a bit during the summer after I saw my sister post her picture of this meal she had made from slimming world. I love burgers so it appealed to me straight away. The simplicity of it meant it was very easy to veganize and also a quick lunch/dinner to prepare when you need to get dinner on the table quickly. You check out Slimming World’s recipe here.
I also don’t like boring salads and like to have different textures, flavours and dressings to make them more interesting. If they have flavour and lots going on I really enjoy a good salad. I love having this recipe for lunch and enjoy it almost as much as eating a burger with a bun. McDonald’s burgers aren’t very healthy and have so much sugar in the bun alone, this is the next best thing to a Big Mac but it’s much healthier for you. You’re getting some of your 5 a day too and it doesn’t feel like an effort to do it.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did making it (and eating it). You can also check out my other delicious, cruelty-free recipes here.
Let me know what you think in the comments or tweet me @veganbabelife
Thanks for reading!Print
A veganized version of Slimming World’s – Burger In A Bowl recipe.
- 2 sprays of fry light spray
- 1 pack of vegan mince
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices of violife cheese
- 16 gherkin slices
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 tbsp of vegan mayonnaise
- 5 tbsp of plain dairy free yoghurt
- 2 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp of garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp of sweet smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp of onion granules
- 2 tsp of white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp American mustard
- Spray a large frying pan with cooking spray over a high heat. Add the mince, onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Season well.
- Add the cheese slices on top of the mince and place under the grill to melt. Remove from heat once nice and melted.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl with 4 tbsp of water until well combined.
- Add the the lettuce, gherkins, onions and tomatoes to 4 wide bowls.
- Spoon the beef mixture on top and drizzle over the sauce.
Naturli mince is my favourite mince that replicates a burger patty really well and is meaty. You can use whatever kind you like but I have pretty much tried them all and this is my favourite. *Available to purchase from Sainsburys
Keywords: Burger, salad, junk food, fakeaway