Hi, I’m Siobhan Llinos Gale aka Vegan Babe Life. I’m 27, a
I write about products, restaurants, what I get up to, create yummy vegan recipes and I also review lots of stuff.
I started this blog in May ’17 as a hobby and to spread the vegan message. My journey to veganism started in 2015 where I was slowly cutting things out and stopped eating meat entirely. It’s the best decision I ever made, I only wish I’d done it sooner.
You can read more about me in my article for Vegan Food & Living.
- I love animals (dogs are the best! I adore springer spaniels and pugs).
- Watching movies and chilling out is definitely my speed and you’ll often find me having a movie sesh with snacks when I need some downtime.
- I love to read. I’ve been reading anything by Tolkien since I was 6 and love classics from people I really admire like Sylvia Plath, Virginia Woolf, Emily Dickinson, Mary Shelley, Emmeline Pankhurst, Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Louisa May Alcott and so many more.
- My favourite colour is green (black isn’t really a colour is it..otherwise it would totally be my #1).
- I love the Autumn and Winter months and am most in my element among the crisp air, orange colour leaves and pumpkin spice lattes.
- If it’s Japanese, Italian or American (junk food) then you’ll find me eating it. I love eating food with chopsticks, carbs and insane junk food things but eat a good mixture of healthy and not so healthy things.
I was diagnosed with chronic depression in 2009 and I’ve had to take medication and manage it ever since. I survived a suicide attempt in 2015 and it’s definitely changed me. I’m a huge advocate for mental health and fully support organisations like mind who do vital work.
I also have PCOS so struggle with my weight which veganism helps a little with. I like to write about that and the issues surrounding fem health like periods and just health in general.
I try to look after my health as much as possible and I’m always trying new supplements, protein powders/bars and any